Peoples Communication, Inc. and Peoples Telephone Cooperative, Inc. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy
Peoples Communication, Inc. and Peoples Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (collectively referred to as “Peoples”) is committed to respecting intellectual property rights and complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This policy outlines the procedures for addressing copyright infringement allegations, providing a mechanism for copyright owners to report such claims, and establishing measures to address repeat infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notification:
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed upon by Peoples subscribers or on Peoples offerings, please provide the following information in a written notification sent to our designated agent:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
- Sufficient information to enable Peoples to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Designated Agent Contact Information:
Peoples Communication, Inc. and Peoples Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 228 Quitman, TX 75783
Actions in Response to Infringement Notices:
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA infringement notification, Peoples will promptly investigate the claim and take appropriate actions, which may include the removal or disabling of access to the allegedly infringing material.
Repeat Infringer Policy:
Peoples maintains an Infringement Notice Policy (Listed below) to address repeat infringers. If a user is identified as a repeat infringer of third-party copyright rights, Peoples may take various actions, including issuing alerts, requiring specific actions by users, suspending services, applying interim measures, or, when necessary, terminating the offering and related services.
Peoples Infringement Notice Policy:
Upon receiving notice from content holder(s), Account Holder will receive three notices prior to service being terminated. Each occurrence will escalate to the next level. A customer must go without receiving a notice for three (3) years before occurrences will be removed from the account.
- First Notice – Warning Letter
- Second Notice – Letter sent and account holder must return documentation saying they received the notice. This documentation must be returned within 14 days of the date of the letter to avoid suspension of service and applicable reconnect fees.
- Third Notice – Letter sent and account holder must return documentation outlining steps taken to prevent further copyright infringement within 14 days of the date of the letter to avoid suspension of service and applicable reconnect fees.
- Fourth Notice – Termination of service for at least one year.
Users may receive notifications or alerts if their account is associated with acts of alleged copyright infringement. Peoples will strive to keep users informed throughout the resolution process.
Reservation of Rights:
Peoples reserves the right to terminate its offerings at any time, with or without notice, for any user believed, at Peoples’ sole discretion, to be infringing upon copyright or other intellectual property rights.
For questions or concerns regarding this DMCA Policy, please contact our DMCA Agent using the contact information provided above.
Updates to the Policy:
Peoples reserves the right to update this DMCA Policy as needed. Users are encouraged to review this policy periodically for any changes.
Updated Date: 11/15/2023